Wednesday, July 18, 2018

4-Ingredient Chicken Zucchini Rolls

These 4-Ingredient Chicken Zucchini Rolls make a super easy, healthy and delicious dinner for the whole family! Enjoy! 



Today I want to share with you this easy 4-ingredient chicken zucchini rolls recipe that I’m sure it’s about to become a favourite in your home. But before you jump to the recipe I just want to say that we had an awesome week. The past few days I had my in-laws over from Montreal. They came to meet my mom, who came two weeks ago from Brazil, and also to spend some quality time with their grandson, Tomtom.

We went to a nice park close to my home and Tomtom played at the playground there. We walked by the Ontario Lake in Toronto, and we also visited the Toronto Music Garden. It’s so beautiful at this time of the year. The garden is full of colourful and beautiful flowers.

On top of that, my mother-in-law and I cooked a lot together. She’s such a good cook and every time we’re together I ask her to teach me one of her recipes. This time we made roasted lamb leg (yummy!) and tomato sauce with Italian sausage. I’ll be sharing this recipe soon 😉

We had a great time together, especially Thomas who enjoyed being spoiled by his three grandparents 😉 What a lucky boy! He was so happy, because all he did was to play all day long with them. And as a mother I love seeing him happy.

It fills my heart with love and gratitude. I think after becoming a mom I started appreciating more and more moments like this. There is nothing better than spending quality time with your child, your family and people that you really love. For me these are the best days!

I wish my husband could be with us. He’s travelling for work and we really miss him. But at least my mom is here with us while he’s out of the country. In one
week he’ll be back and we all are going to England on vacation.

We’re going to visit England, Scotland and Ireland and I can’t wait! This will be my first time in UK and I’m very excited! I’ll be posting everything about our trip on my Instagram. So, don’t forget to follow me there 😉

Speaking about being excited… What about you make this 4-ingredient chicken zucchini rolls recipe today? This recipe is amazing because… Well, first it’s only made with 4 ingredients; second it’s very easy to make; third it’s healthy, gluten-free and low-carb; and last but not least it’s so D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S. Please, try to make these 4-ingredient chicken zucchini rolls and I guarantee you’re going to be amazed by the flavour.

These 4-Ingredient Chicken Zucchini Rolls make a super easy, healthy and delicious dinner for the whole family! Enjoy! 

Ingredients:
  • 3 cups cooked shredded chicken breast, skinless
  • 2 cups + 1/2 cup store-bought spaghetti or marinara sauce or homemade tomato sauce
  • 3 medium zucchini, sliced length-wise – 1/8″ thick
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella

Directions:


  • Preheat oven to 375°.
  • In a medium bowl mix shredded cooked chicken and 1 1/2 cups of tomato sauce. Stir well.
  • In a casserole spread 1/2 cup of tomato sauce on the bottom.
  • Start assembling the zucchini rolls by placing of wax paper, aluminum foil or a clean cutting board on the counter and lay out zucchini noodles.
  • Spread about 3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture first over each individual zucchini noodle.
  • Then, sprinkle some mozzarella cheese. Save 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese to top the zucchini noodles when you place them in the prepared casserole.
  • Carefully roll up and place them in the prepared casserole.
  • After that, top the zucchini rolls with tomato sauce (1/2 cup) and sprinkle mozzarella cheese (1/2 cup).
  • Bake covered with foil or parchment paper for approximately 30 minutes. Remove the foil or parchment paper and bake for 15-20 minutes more until cheese is melted. Enjoy!

Source:primaverakitchen.com