Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Roy Rogers Mocktail

This Roy Rogers Mocktail is the perfect way to ease into the weekend! I feel like I’m finally starting to recover from this terrible cold/flu I’ve had since Christmas and I’m hoping not too many of you had to suffer from it too since it seems like it’s  hitting a lot of people.

Last night I put on makeup for the first time in two weeks and left the house for the third to see La La Land. As some of you may know, it’s a tradition for my husband and me to see all of the Oscar nominees (at least the major ones), we call it our Race to the Oscars.

But since we’ve both been sick, we’re a little behind. I think we may have missed our shot to see Moana and Manchester by the Sea. I’ve wanted to see La La Land since it first showed at Sundance, and the Oscar buzz around it has been HUGE! And let me tell ya, it’s well deserved. Check out my La La Land inspired Chicken on a Stick recipe!
So anyway, going along with movies is today’s fancy mocktail. I’m sure most of you have heard of Shirley Temples, grenadine and lemon-lime soda with a cherry on top. Well, the Roy Rogers is kinda the male counterpart, grenadine, and cola with a cherry on top! Because apparently, it’s a little emasculating for a man to ask for a Shirley Temple 😉
Ingredients
  • ice
  • 1 ounce grenadine
  • 8 ounces Coke
  • 1 maraschino cherry


Instructions
  1. Fill a highball glass 3/4 of the way with ice.
  2. Pour grenadine over ice, followed by the Coke.
  3. Garnish with a cherry and serve with a straw.