Monday, July 30, 2018

Sausage and Potato Skillet

A sausage and potato skillet is one of my favorite meals.  I’ve been making various versions since I was in junior high.  For a while I only made it with summer sausage.  Then I went through a period when I made it with hot dogs.  Use chorizo and make it tacos.  Every way I’ve ever tried it is always good! 

Ingredients:

  •  5 medium potatoes, about 2 pounds peeled and diced
  • 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
  • 1 package sausage (13-16 oz) sliced
  • 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
  •   salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika


What can be a little time consuming is peeling the potatoes and chopping the potatoes, onions, and sausage.  I chop the onions and slice the sausage first.  Then add them to a medium skillet with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil.


Fry the onions and sausage until the onions are tender and the sausage is beginning to brown.  When the sausage and onions are cooking, I peel and chop the potatoes.  Add the potatoes to the skillet.  Gently stir.  Reduce heat to medium low.  Cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are done, stirring often (about 3 or four times) to prevent burning.  When potatoes are done sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and paprika. 

Add a chopped salad and it’s a yummy homemade meal that takes about an hour to make.  I love to eat the potatoes and sausage with Ketchup and green salsa.  Yum!  There are rarely any left overs when I make this, and if there is a helping left over I have to fight my husband for it. 


RECIPE SOURCE >>  laughwithusblog.