Friday, August 10, 2018

Keto Thick and Fudgy Brownie Cookies – Gluten Free

These super thick and fudgy brownie keto cookies are sugar free, and gluten free. Sprinkle a little salt after baking to take them over the top!

keto brownie cookies

My day started something like this –
I want to make salted caramel brownies.  OMG, that sounds so good!
Well shoot, I don’t have any heavy cream and I don’t want to go to the store.  Maybe I’ll make double chocolate cookies.  Yes, that sounds so good!
I make these keto cookies, let them cool, then take a bite.  OMG, these taste just like brownies
So there you have it – the birth of these Thick and Fudgy Brownie Keto Cookies.
Let’s get this keto cookie party started!
keto cookie batter in a glass bowl with a yellow spatula
These cookies use butter, coconut flour, xylitol, eggs, cocoa powder, baking soda, vanilla, salt, and chocolate chips.
I recently discovered xylitol when my son had some green apple sour spray.  Being the rebel that I am, I sprayed some in my mouth and though “that’s pretty good!”  I looked at the ingredients and what do you know, it was xylitol.  And the rest is history.  It’s my new favorite low carb sweetener.
For those with pets, you must know that xylitol is quite poisonous so keep this away from the little buggers.  If you want to use something else like Swerve, that is just fine.
keto cookies scooped out on a sheet pan ready to be baked
I used a large scoop to make these babies nice and thick.  I was able to scoop out 10 cookies from the recipe.  I placed them all on a parchment lined baking sheet then I pressed a few extra chocolate chips on top.
one double chocolate keto brownie cookie
When they came out of the oven I sprinkled some kosher salt on top because salt is life in my book.  I let them cool completely before I pulled them from the baking sheet.  These are so fudgy, but the are delicate straight out of the oven.
I am very picky about my cookies and brownies and I think these keto cookies are pretty darn amazing!  Here are some other cookie recipes that I think are pretty darn amazing: Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies and Butter Cookie Energy Bites.  If you are in the mood for just cookie dough, check out my recipe for Edible Cookie Dough!
Keto Thick and Fudgy Brownie Cookies - Gluten Free
Prep Time
5 mins
Cook Time
13 mins
Total Time
18 mins
 
These super thick and fudgy brownie keto cookies are sugar free, and gluten free.  Sprinkle a little salt after baking to take them over the top!
Course: Dessert
Cuisine: American
Servings10 cookies
Calories208 kcal
Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup Butter melted
  • 1/3 cup Coconut flour
  • 3/4 cup Xylitol
  • 2 Eggs beaten
  • 1/2 cup Cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon Baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
  • pinch Salt
  • 1/2 cup Sugar free chocolate chips, plus a little more for topping before baking
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, coconut flour, and xylitol.  Add the beaten eggs and mix together with an electric mixer. Add the cocoa powder, baking soda, vanilla extract, and salt.  Mix again with the electric mixer.
  3. Pour in the chocolate chips and combine with a rubber spatula.  The batter will be very thick.
  4. Using a large cookie scoop, scoop out 10 cookies onto the baking sheet.  Gently press 3-4 chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies.  Place in the preheated oven and bake for 13 minutes.
  5. Remove from the oven and let cool completely on the baking sheet before serving.
Recipe Notes
Nutrition for 1 cookie: 208 cal / 20g fat / 12.9 carbs / 9.2g fiber / 3.7g protein
  • Instead of xylitol you can use any other powdered sweetener that is 1 for 1 with sugar.
  • I use Lily's sugar free chocolate chips.  You can find them online of at Whole Foods.
  • After baking you can sprinkle a little kosher or sea salt on top if you like salt on your baked goods.

MORE RECIPES @ jenniferbanz.com