Monday, September 3, 2018

CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY CANDY BARS

If you love the chocolate raspberry combo, these thick, luscious candy bars satisfy. They’re quick, easy and made from just 5 simple, healthy ingredients!

I love chocolate and raspberry together. They’re an awesome couple. I’m talking Gomez and Morticia awesome.

So the last time I was at the store and saw raspberries on sale, I knew what I had to do.

Buy them. And make these candy bars.

Chocolate raspberry heaven!


It only took 5 ingredients! Coconut oil, raspberries, cocoa, a little almond milk and some maple syrup. I just stirred up a bowl of chocolate, the same chocolate I used for my peanut butter caramel candy bars. I love that stuff! I poured half in a pan, let it chill for a few minutes, topped it with the decadent raspberry creme layer (oooh!), and finished it off with the rest of the chocolate.
The raspberry creme is based on My Whole Food Life’s amazing Strawberry Creme Truffles. It’s a fabulous recipe and I’m not one to mess with a good thing, except to use raspberries instead.
These chocolate raspberry candy bars are an excellent sweet fix. Not only are they meltingly delicious, they’re made from coconut oil and without refined sugar. I feel great about treating myself to these!

Chocolate raspberry candy bars made from 5 healthy ingredients! Quick, easy and meltingly delicious.

Ingredients

Chocolate:
  • 1/2 c coconut oil, melted
  • 6 heaping Tbs cocoa or cacao powder
  • 4 Tbs maple syrup or agave
  • Raspberry Filling:
  • 1 c coconut oil
  • 1 c raspberries
  • 3 Tbs maple syrup or agave
  • 2 Tbs nondairy milk

Instructions

Line a 5" x 7" pan with waxed paper. Stir the chocolate ingredients together. Pour half into the bottom of the pan. Let harden in the freezer.
Combine the raspberry filling ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth. Spread the filling on the hardened chocolate. Freeze for 5 minutes.
Pour the rest of the chocolate over the filling. Freeze for 10 minutes to set. Cut into squares. Store in the freezer and thaw before enjoying.