Monday, September 17, 2018

HOMEMADE PIMENTO CHEESE

A while ago I was talking to my husband about how our families celebrated Thanksgivings when we were children. We were comparing different foods we had (he is from the midwest and I grew up in the southeast) and I mentioned how my grandma always had Homemade Pimento Cheese with crackers as one of our appetizers. You can imagine my surprise when he had NO IDEA what Pimento Cheese was! Y’all, I have failed my husband because apparently, I have been neglecting to share with him all these years! I immediately whipped up a batch and he of course loved it!
Give it a try and be sure to let me know what you think, I’ll be serving this to my family next week at Thanksgiving to be sure to pass that tradition on!
Homemade Pimento Cheese is a classic Southern dip recipe that is a staple in any recipe box. Super easy to make and ready in just ten minutes!Save


INGREDIENTS
  • 16 oz Cheddar Cheese, sharp, grated
  • 8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
  • ½ cup mayonnaise
  • 4 oz can pimentos, with liquid
  • 1½ cup sour cream
  • ½teaspoon salt
  • ½teaspoon pepper
  • 1 teaspoon Peri Peri Sauce


INSTRUCTIONS
In a mixer combine sour cream, mayonnaise, and pimentos with liquid until combined. Add peri peri sauce, salt and pepper. Stir in cream cheese and grated cheese until just blended. Refrigerate until serving.