Sunday, September 9, 2018

MALTESER SLICE (10 MINUTE NO-BAKE RECIPE)

My no-bake chocolate Malteser Slice takes only 10 minutes to prepare… and tastes AMAZING! This is one of my most popular slice recipes ever!

Hello there my Malteser-loving friends! I’m so glad you’ve come to this chocolate-filled little place. It’s a pretty delicious little spot, if I do say so myself! Anyway, as some of you might now, I’m slowly working my way through all of the most popular recipes on my website and re-doing the photos… adding videos… adding some hint & tips to the recipes… basically just trying to make the best recipes even better!


My no-bake Malteser Slice takes only 10 minutes to prepare... and tastes AMAZING! This is sure to become a favourite at first bite!
Ingredients
  • 250 g packet plain sweet biscuits like Arnotts Marie
  • 2 cups rice bubbles
  • 280 g packet Maltesers
  • 125 g butter
  • 395 g tin condensed milk
  • 2 tbs cocoa powder
  • 200 g white chocolate
  • 2 tbs coconut oil melted *optional or vegetable oil/copha

Instructions
  1. Line a 22cm X 32cm rectangular baking tray with baking paper.
  2. Crush biscuits in a food processor.
  3. Pour biscuits into a large bowl along with the rice bubbles and 1 cup halved Maltesers (leave the remaining Maltesers for decorating the top of the slice). 
  4. Melt the butter, condensed milk and cocoa in the microwave on 50% power until melted. Whisk until smooth. 
  5. Pour over dry ingredients and mix until combined. Press firmly into tray.
  6. Melt the white chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave in 30 second bursts (50% power), stirring each time until smooth. Pour over slice.
  7. Press the remaining Maltesers into the chocolate. 
  8. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Recipe Notes
To keep your white chocolate glossy & stop it from cracking, add 2 tablespoon melted copha, vegetable oil or coconut oil to the melted chocolate prior to pouring onto slice.