Sunday, October 14, 2018

EASY CREAMY CHICKEN

This creamy skillet chicken has a velvety smooth sauce from just 2 ingredients!
Welcome to one of my favorite dinners.
I’ve been making this easy creamy chicken for years. It started one of those nights when I looked into the fridge and wondered why I hadn’t gone to the store that day. Slim pickings.
Then I spied some wedge cheese and some chicken I needed to cook and this delightful dinner was born.

And ever since, it fails to amaze me. It’s the sauce.
The sauce has a serious yummy quotient. It’s decadent but also, believe it, so very light. And it takes just two ingredients.



INGREDIENTS
  • 3-4 chicken breasts, cut into large strips or chunks
  • salt and black pepper, to taste
  • 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • 4 creamy Swiss cheese wedges (I use Laughing Cow)
  • 2/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Season chicken strips or chunks with salt and black pepper.
  2. Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
  3. Add chicken and sear on both sides until browned, about 2-3 minutes per side.
  4. Add cheese wedges and chicken broth, scraping up any stuck-on bits on the bottom of the pan.
  5. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the cheese has melted, the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
  6. Serve chicken with extra sauce drizzled over the top. Devour!
Recipe Adapted From familyfoodonthetable.com