Tuesday, October 16, 2018

World’s Best Mashed Potatoes

Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners should be centered around mashed potatoes.  I’m going to tell you about a pretty embarrassing story that I have not yet lived down yet. It was my first year being a wife and I was having family and friends over for Thanksgiving. It was my first time cooking a big meal for so many people. I wanted to make sure I had enough food for everyone to get as much as they wanted. Thankfully I had my mom and two sisters to help out with the cooked so I wasn’t all on my own. I was in charge of the pasted potatoes though and made these World’s Best Mashed Potatoes.
Show us what recipes you are cooking using the hashtag #TDOARH. I can't was it to see what you have cooking!
Ingredients
  • Russet potatoes pealed and diced, 5 lbs
  • Butter 1 stick (divided)
  • Cream cheese 4 oz
  • Half and Half 1/2 cup
  • Milk 1/2 cup
  • Seasoning salt 1/2 tsp
  • Pepper 1/2 tsp
Instructions
  1. Add peeled and diced potatoes to a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes until potatoes are tender. Drain your potatoes and then return them to the pot.
  2. Return pot with potatoes to the stove on low heat. Add 5 tbsp of butter and cream cheese to the pot and start mashing. Once creamy slowly add half and half and milk. Add just a little at a time until you get the consistency that you want. Keep mashing then add seasoning salt and pepper. Stir and place in a casserole dish. Add remaining 3 tbsp of butter to the top and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until butter is melted and potatoes are warm.