Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Gluten-Free Vegan Cauliflower Hash Browns

Oh yes! These healthy Gluten-Free Vegan Cauliflower Hash Browns are crisp on the outside and moist on the inside, so irresistible!
Are you watching your weight and looking for low-carb healthy options? Well, this delicious Gluten-Free Vegan Cauliflower Hash Browns recipe is perfect for you! You can also try my Broccoli Fritters.

As much as I like Trader Joes Hash Brown Patties, my recipe is so much healthier and lower in calories. I use fresh ingredients and I also get to control what ingredients I put in them.



One good thing is I read that, Trader Joe's products do not contain genetically modified ingredients so they are a great option as a backup plan.
My hubby and son Daevyd loved my Gluten-Free Vegan Cauliflower Hash Browns so much that I'm making another batch for supper. I will serve it with homemade sugar-free ketchup, scrambled tofu and Guacamole (Yummy, I know right!).
Ingredients
  • For: 6 patties
  • 1/2 head of cauliflower, break into florets
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil, or more for frying
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 1/4 cup besan flour, or chickpea flour
  • 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch, or cornstarch
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons water, (optional)

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven 400 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with oil, set aside. Process cauliflower and onion in a food processor or grate with a box grater until crumbly.
  2. Transfer riced cauliflower mixture into a large bowl.
  3. Add besan flour/chickpea flour, arrowroot starch, garlic powder, salt, water and stir to combine.
  4. Divide batter into 6 equal portions, shape into patties, about 3 x 2 inches.
  5. Place patties on baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, turning halfway or heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add about 2 or 3 patties and cook for 4-5 minutes on one side. Flip patties and cook for about another 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter until finished.